Saturday, July 5, 2008

How old's a grown up?

How old do you have to be to be grown up? Randy just started his new shift at work and I hate it! Why, you ask? I'll tell you. I can't sleep when he is not here. As soon as it gets dark I feel like a little kid again. It has always been that way for me. I don't even like being the last person awake in a house. So lame. I am not even sure what the problem is. Am I the only one that feels this way? When do I get to feel like a grown up? Not hear every bump in the night, see every shadow, all of that stuff. Alright I am going to make a stand and go to bed now. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Tamie said...

i'm the same way. its not as bad as it used to be. but i can get really jittery while i'm laying in bed waiting to fall asleep. sometimes it is just no fun! sorry about that...i'm totally with you.

aubreyannie said...

oh man, that totally stinks and i completely relate. but i am just curious as to how you survived for SO LONG while randy was in iraq?! i would not have been able to. hang in there, sis. what are his new shifts like?

Brandi said...

I know you would think after a decade of sleeping alone here and there that I would be used to it, but I am not. It would always take me like 2 months to get used to it. He is now working fri-sun 6 pm to 6 am. I hate it. He only has to do it for like 3 more weeks then he is off to Vegas!