Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am Thankful For...#4

So I missed yesterday do to circumstances beyond my control. (I hurt my back and sitting was not overly comfortable). So here is day #4 a day late.

As I said before I am thankful for both of my sisters, but today it is all about Wick, aka Wendy.
Wick and I have always been pretty close, but we became really close when she came to visit me in California some years back. We spent the week doing every crazy thing we could conceive-- Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, Some wax museum where we took 9 rolls of film ( we don't ever have to go back, we have a picture of everyone that was in there), and we went to Knotts Berry Farm where we ran out of money and could not pay $10 for our parking space. It was a blast.
So about Wick you ask... well she is super dooper smart. She knows the answers in Trivial Pursuit that no one should know, such as the diameter of a baseball. Who knows that crap?
Wick does.
She is an awesome mom and does it mostly by herself (her husband is in the Navy). She is amazing.I have loved watching her become a mom. It was one of the most special events of my life to be there with her when Evan was born.
Wick is a great friend, just ask her friends that have been around since the first grade, maybe kindergarten I don't remember, and are still a part of her life today.
She is mostly and by all accounts an awesome sister. I can always call her, and do everyday, to discuss whatever. We talk every day and have withdrawals if we don't. I am so lucky to have known her and to have called her my best friend for years. Thanks Wick for always coming to see me and for always being there. I love you and hope to one day share the same side of a continent with you.

1 comments:

A & W + E = Coleman said...

Thanks BR! I am still wiping away the tears. You know I feel the same way about you and wouldn't know what to do with myself if I couldn't call you 10 times a day. I love you so much and can't wait for the day when we are neighbors and can hang out every day!!!