Monday, November 3, 2008

I am Thankful For... #3

This is my most favorite picture of my girls. Love it!

For day 3, I had to tell you how thankful I am for my girls. I have been a mom for over 10 years ( I totally count the months that I was pregnant, because I became a mom the day I found out) and it still awes me that they are mine. I love them the mostest and am thankful every day that I get to be part of their lives.

I felt blessed the moment that Ryen was born and I have enjoyed being her mom for all of her nine years. I have loved watching her grow up into the special little girl that she is today. It was one of the greatest joys of my life when she read her first long chapter book, Hoot. I love that she loves to read and I enjoy listening to her retell the stories. It also thrills me that she loves movies as much as I do. We have so much fun going to the movies or just watching them from our couch. Now if I could just get her to love shopping ;)! She is doing great in school and has made good friends. Ryen just started the piano and her teacher is excited how quickly she is picking it up. I make her play for me all of the time. I am sure that I drive her crazy as she does me, but I love her so much and I am so proud to be her mom.

Ali was my special little gift from my Heavenly Father and has blessed our lives ever since. It seems like we waited forever for her to come. I knew that I still had a daughter in Heaven. We just didn't have a clue how we were going to get her down here. Then a little miracle happened and after 5 long years, she finally came. We were so happy, especially Ryen.
Not a day goes by that she doesn't make us laugh. She is so funny and does the craziest things. I love to watch her play and wonder often what it would be like to peek into that little mind of hers. She is learning to hold her pencil and draw straight lines and cirlces. It is so fun to watch her learn. Ali is enjoying playing with her new friends and is finally adjusting to life in Las Vegas. I love her so much and am so proud to be her mom.

0 comments: