Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas' Past......

Today I was thinking of all of the Christmas' I have had throughout my life. I had some great ones when I was a kid. I mostly remember going to my Grandparents for Christmas Eve. It was always full of people and she made the greatest ginger bread villages. She also decorated her Christmas tree with chocolate which was of course, awesome. I don't think there was much going on with her tree after we left Christmas eve. I loved the Christmas that we got our Atari. We had so much fun playing with it all night (yep, at night because we opened everything on Christmas eve). I wish I had some pics of some of these things, but my mom is not a camera person.

One of the Christmas' that came to mind recently was the Christmas that my family came to California to go to Disneyland.
We had such a great time. Disneyland was packed, but we rode all of the rides and just had a great time together.
Christmas should totally involve Mickey and sunglasses!

The other Christmas that came to mind was the Christmas right before Ryen turned one.

We were all together and healthy. It would be the last happy Christmas with my daddy. We had such a great time. We had yummy dinner and spent the day as a family. I really remember this Christmas because Randy wrapped all of the freebie gifts that he had received when purchasing my real gifts for that year. And that was what I opened...they included a Doc Martin book, a huge silver bag, and a few other white elephant things that I don't remember. I just smiled and said thanks. He later brought down the real gifts. It was so funny, but mostly I was glad that my husband had not wasted money on a wierd book and an ugly silver bag.

1 comments:

A & W + E = Coleman said...

I love the freebie Christmas. I believe that was my idea. And, I still think it was funny that we all accidentally wore overalls...good times!