Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Best of the Season!

So the most important thing we did this Christmas season and I don't have a pic. Whatever.... I guess I can't take my camera everywhere.

We took the girls to the store on Saturday and each one of them got to pick 2 toys to dontate to the Firemen's toy drive. Ali picked two Little People toys (not a big surprise seeing as they are her favorite) and Ryen picked a little toy dog that moves and blinks and a book. As a family we also gave the card game.

We had so much fun picking the toys and wished so much that we could have done more. We have always supported Toys for Tots, but didn't really include the kids in it, so it was great to have them be a part of it. Ryen loved serving and said we really need to do more. Ali, well she didn't love giving the toys away, but I am not sure she understands. It was a great reminder of what is really important this time of year. I know for me I totally need to concentrate more on the giving outside of our house.

Oh and happy Solstice for all of you that celebrate. So glad that the days are going to start getting longer.

2 comments:

Ryen said...

Mom it was so much fun donating it felt good I hope we can do it next year because it felt good donating to kids who don't get presents for Christmas it was so much fun donating and afterwords it felt goood

Tamie said...

good for you for starting to include the girls. i think that if something like that is always apart of holiday traditions, it is just a part of it and no questions or concerns (though you just can't avoid the age of not wanting to give ANYTHING away!)
we'll sure miss you guys this weekend...