Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ryen's Bag

My friend Jennifer makes these totally awesome diaper bags and was nice enough to help me make an overnight bag for Ryen. She was a great teacher and really showed me how to do it. I can totally say that I made like 94% of this bag myself. I made Jen sew the front pocket onto the bag and the ribbon. Other then that I did it all on my own. I was so super proud. I even had some straight seems. I know! Way Cool huh? So here are a couple of pics. I am so bummed that you can't see the front pocket because it is really cool.

The Bag. It is really sparkly material, but the pic just doesn't do it justice.

These are two of the three inside pockets. The big one is for her book and the little one is for her ipod.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, Suzie Home-maker... first valances for your vertical blinds, now bags. :-)

Debbie said...

It's way cute, by the way.

racefan said...

Brandi, I think you're beoming the next Martha Stewart! The bag is so cute!

racefan said...

Brandi, I think you're beoming the next Martha Stewart! The bag is so cute!

Tamie said...

neat-o! does your friend have a online tutorial on how to make that cute thing-y?
i wanted to make a bag like that for a friend that is pregnant -- for a diaper bag -- but just haven't gotten around to it (crocheting a blanket was as far as i got for her...)
that is really cute and i know that rye will love using!

Ang said...

TOTALLY CUTE!!! I want one in zebra print with red or hot pink ribbon please :)

The Cecil Clan said...

Wow, it turned out super cute! Way to go! I was way too intimidated by those things!

Mars said...

Cute bag! Good job sewing most of it yourself too! You'll be a pro before you know it!