Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Makin' Cards

Last Saturday was one of those rare weekend days where we really didn't have anything planned, so I got to work on making Ali's thank you cards. I haven't really broken out my Stampin' Up stuff in a long time and was excited to start making cards. It was really frustrating in the beginning because I couldn't come up with anything I liked, but I finally found a layout I wanted to work with and came up with these...

All of the cards I made but one, I had to send a thank you to Rye's teacher.

This was the first one that I made. I ended up changing the cards a little, but for the most part they are all the same. You can't tell by the picture, but the bee is really on the inside of the card and there is just an open window on the front.
I forgot how much I liked making cards. I really need to start doing this more often.

6 comments:

K. Lou said...

man--those are darling! so creative!! It makes me in the mood for crafting!! Wish there wasn't a million other things going on. Is the middle blue strip ribbon/paper? So cute!

Brandi said...

I know I totally could have done something like mop my kitchen, but who wants to do that.
The strip in the middle is paper.

Amy said...

Those are so darned cute! I need to drag out my stamps and do some stuff with them. I'm glad they don't eat much and are there when I need them. Absolutely darling.

Mars said...

those are SO CUTE!!! Holy cow you are talented at making cards. I wish I had time to sit & do that. I love making & creating cards & then you start getting all these ideas flowing. Cute paper & colors you chose!

Anonymous said...

I love you cards! They are adorable. What a talent you have. Hey by the way, How is Alli doing? Is she feeling any better? Ava is doing much better and finally slept through the night HOORAY!
I also wanted to let you know that I would love to be in the BUNCO group that is starting up. Let me know what I need to do to be in the group (if you still have any openings). Thanks!

aubreyannie said...

oh my gosh..that one is so cute! i love the font of the 'thank you'.