Monday, May 11, 2009

More Crafts

I have no idea why, but I totally have had the craft bug lately, so I decided to make paper backpacks on Friday and Saturday night. I am sure there are a million other things I should have done, but who wants to do that? It was one of those rare nights when Randy had homework and the kids played well together. I love those nights. Anyway, here are the bags I made.



I found the template for these paper backpacks on the internet and had to make them. After making one from her template I decided to simplify and make my own. My way was so much easier and I think they are so stinking cute...

This is my favorite of the four that I made. I am hoping to get them to the sisters that I visit teach at one point. They are the perfect size for a gift card or to fill with candy.

Here is a side view so you can see the straps.

This little box I made for the parents of the kids that I have in nursery. Instead of the flower decoration I had each kid color four panels and put their art work on the box. Not an easy task with ten 18 month kids. My co-teacher made bags of candy and we put them in each one. I think they turned out really cute. I have made these boxes a million different time and a million different ways. Super easy and fun.

6 comments:

K. Lou said...

very cute! come to idaho and do crafts with me! please:) wish it were that easy...

Brandi said...

I would love to. You could come here! Just bring the kids and your husband and we will let the men entertain the kids and we can craft!

Alice said...

What a great idea for nursery. You are so talented!

Adventures in Healing said...

Dang... Why can't you be Keller's nursery teacher?
I've had the crafting bug lately too. Maybe we should get together. I haven't put up pics yet of my stuff yet, except the one on Facebook.
Super cute. Good job!

Tamie said...

thos are both just so cute...though i've got to say that *if* i was going to make either , it would be the more simple bag....what a cute idea for mother's day---and for VT-ing!

Mars said...

those are adorable!! It looks hard though...