Friday, May 16, 2008

Sometimes You Just Can't Go Back

Do you remember those movies that you loved as a little girl? You know the ones that you watched over and over? Well, my sister and I had a few. Grease 2, The Pirate Movie, Breakin' 1 and 2. There were a bunch more. We watched everything in excess. I think. With the great selection from Netflix, I have been able to find a bunch of movies that I saw as a kid and haven't seen for years. So yesterday, I popped in a movie called Salsa!

This particular movie starred Ricky Rosa, from the original Menudo. Very hot, or at least he was back then. I wasn't really loving the Gerry Curl so much, yesterday. Anyway, I so remember loving this movie when I was young, but as an adult I wasn't loving it so much. The dancing was terrific, the acting was diabolical at best, and mostly it just ran like a really bad MTV video. So sad. I guess one day you do wake up and want your actors to act, your plot to be deep, and your cinematography to be fabulous. Who knew?
Oh PS Kenny Ortega directed this film. He has moved on to do some of the greats-- High School Musical, High School Musical 2, oh and don't forget the Hannah Montana 3d concert. Fun though, Ryen is going to have Kenny Ortega movie memories too.
Oh 2nd PS just in case anyone was wondering. This movie is rated PG, but there is not a whole lot of PG going on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is funny! I know exactly what you mean! Your blogs are the best! Thanks again for the help with mine!

A & W + E = Coleman said...

Oh come on...who needs good actors now days? I actually bought the Breakin' DVD and since Aaron has never seen it, I refuse to let him watch it. I think he will ruin it for me. :)