I totally love the 80's! I always have. Who couldn't love the decade that gave us bands like Depeche Mode, movies like "Better Off Dead" and fashion...well, it's probably best not to go there. Anyway, just in case you are too young to have lived it or you just don't know too much about it. I thought I would share. Consider it a
history lesson.
I am starting with 1980. Not my favorite year by any means, but it was the beginning. 
John Lennon is assassinated on September 12 by Mark David Chapman
The US hockey team upsets Russia and takes the gold medal in the Winter Olympics. 
The birth of CNN
Brroke Shields announces to the world "that nothing comes between her and her Calvin Klein's."
7-11 gives us the Big Gulp
3M introduces the post it note to the world. 
"Dallas" is number one on the tube. Season finale shocker--Who shot JR becomes talk of the town. 
"Star Wars:Empire Strikes Back" opens and grosses 290 million dollars.
Christopher Cross wins Grammy for album of the year.
Here's what it cost in 1980
Average cost of:
house: $68,174
gas: $1.19
pound of hamburger: $.99
movie ticket: $5.00
Gallon of Milk: $2.16
New Car: $7,200
Stay tuned for 1981.........
1 day ago
2 comments:
What a fun post. But, you forgot me. Oct. 27, 1980.
Your blogs are great. You are a very creative little lady.
Post a Comment