![]()
I haven't talked about movies forever, because I haven't really seen one that I was gaga over. I think the last was Proposal, which I loved!! Well, I saw one on Saturday that I, for lack of a better word, was beyond GaGa for this movie!!
I absolutely loved this movie!! Now I am the type that likes a good Sci-Fi, but it isn't really my favorite. I am a total romantic at heart and that is usually where my favorites come from. This movie totally had both. It was a Sci-Fi for sure, we are talking aliens that live on another planet, but it was one of the best love stories I have seen in a really long time. I loved the chemistry between Neytiri and Jake. It was amazing. I am a total sucker for strong female leads and boy was she one. I liked Jake too. Didn't hurt that he was a Marine and easy on the eyes.
Together, they were totally awesome.
The character development in this movie was insane. In just a few short scenes James Cameron was able to do what it took Stephanie Meyers three books to do. You knew who the characters were immediately, and not just the leading characters, but all of the characters. You were drawn to them quickly because you already felt like you knew who they were.
Second to the love story was this amazing planet that they were on. Even with all of the weird creatures that were roaming around I would jump ship and move there in a minute. It was so stunning. I was just totally taken in by all of it. Very Cool. The interactions of the characters with the environment is incredible. They physically could link themselves to parts of the planet, how cool is that?
I am sure that lots of people will argue that it is a story that has been told before in different ways, Randy mentioned Dances with Wolves, but once I was in it, I was stuck. I didn't even realize that 3 hours had almost passed. I was in for the ride and enjoyed every moment of it.
Anyway, if you haven't seen it, it is totally worth price of the ticket. Love, love, loved it!!!! Oh and so did Randy and Ryen.
1 day ago
2 comments:
So, what was the name of the movie? You know I live in the sticks and don't keep up with all the hype.
Avatar!
Post a Comment