Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh Patrick!!

I can't believe that all of these guys that I loved when I was little are just dropping like flies. What is up with that? I would say that it is because I am getting older, but people like Mick Jagger are still playing to sold out crowds and I am pretty sure that he is older then dirt.

Anyway, I was so sad to hear that Patrick Swayze passed away yesterday. I had the BIGGEST crush on him when I was younger. There is just something about a man who can dance, and he could dance.

He happened to be in 3 of my favorite movies of all time. First, "The Outsiders" (which happens to be one of my favorite books of all time as well). He played Darrel Curtis. Really, if you have not seen this movie-you really need too. Just to tell you some of the other actors are C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Machio, Matt Dillon, Emilio Estevez, Rob Lowe, and Tom Cruise. Such a good movie!

Second, "Dirty Dancing". I love this movie. The acting is terrible, but the dancing is awesome!! He mumbles one of the worst written lines in cinema history- "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." Who cares it still happens to be a totally awesome movie. What teenage girl doesn't dream of going to a fancy get away in the Catskills and meeting a gorgeous guy that can totally dance. Ahhhh.

Third, is Ghost. It totally made me want to take up pottery. I love this movie. Almost everything about it. Whoppi is funny, Demi is smart, and Patrick can walk through walls, what more do you need. Oh yeah and probably the sexiest pottery scene ever written. It gives me the chills every time I hear the word Ditto!

Those are my favorites, but I have to give props to Roadhouse and Point Break.They were both great movies too. Roadhouse could quite possibly be the one of the best guilty pleasures ever!!

1 comments:

Tamie said...

it does seem kind of strange that these people are dying -- it seems, all of a sudden.
good stuff from patrick, i will agree!