Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Death of a King...


Okay, so I will admit that in the past oh decade or so Michael Jackson has become a serious weirdo, but that has not always been the case. If you are as young as me you know that in 80's he was the King. Back when MTV actually played videos-he was everywhere. I totally remember watching him do the moon walk for the first time and being in total awe. He was an amazing dancer. I spent more hours then I can count dancing to his music and trying to do the steps he did. I wanted more then anything to have a sidewalk that lit up when you stepped on it.
I loved every song on the Thriller album and listened to them until they couldn't play anymore. I still think it is one of the greatest albums ever put out.
I also remember watching the first time Thriller was on MTV. Oh it was so cool and we had never seen anything like it. Amazing!! It was like a little movie.
So even though he rates high on my wackadoodle list, I had to send a shout out!! Sad that he is gone.

2 comments:

Mars said...

I like his music but as long as I don't have to look at his weird face that creeps me out...i'm good :) I know he didn't always look like that. But ever since he turned into a weirdo I just can't look at him. Lets face it, he's weird. But yes, so sad he's gone.

Amy said...

He led a sad, sad life. That seems to happen with geniuses. They burn fast and bright and then are gone.