Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vacation in the Rain!!

As soon as school ended this year we hit the road to SLC. We were there for like 9 days and had a great time, despite the crazy rain. It seemed like it rained forever.....

Day one- we were supposed to go swimming, but it was sooo cold and rainy, so we decided to go to the aquarium instead. We had so much fun hanging out with old friends. It was crazy to see how much everyone had grown. The fish were pretty cool too.

Some of the friends we went with. The rest were to busy with the creepy crawly creatures to come and take a pic.

I had to post this pic of Ali because it is so freaking cute!!

Day 2- The Zoo.
This was one of the only mornings that it didn't rain. Infact, the weather was gorgeous and we had a great time. The Zoo looks so much better then it did when I was a kid. We really didn't plan enough time and that was a bummer so I think we are going to have to go back and play. The kids spent way too much time playing with this germ guy!

Ali and the Germ Guy. Not really sure what she is grabbing for............

Ryen and the Germ Guy!!


This is the girls catching germs in a germ tank.

When they were finished catching germs we actually went and saw animals. They even sat on a few. Like this one.
Ryen, Ali and the Stephens.


After the zoo we went to lunch with some friends. It was a good thing we did because Wendy had her baby that night. Infact Mel and I are the only ones in the picture not expecting a baby!!!

Then it was off to Park City to shop and see a gymnastics meet. Paula rocked the house taking 2nd over all for the night and scoring an impressive 9.6 on the beam. I tried to take pic, but everything was way too dark. We were so proud and excited for her. I know she is going to kick some little butt at State!!

Day 3-
Movies with the fam. We went and saw Night at the Museum. It was really cute. I have no picture because I had no camera. It was at my mom's on the counter. It was lots of fun!!

Dav4-Mom and I changed the battery on my car. Yep, we rock!! I should have taken pictures but I wasn't in the happiest of moods, so there are no pics there either.
That night I did go to the Porcupine with some friends. We had a great time catching up and the food was delish!!!!!

Not much happened for the next few days. There was lots of rain and things like that. We went over to my friend Krissy's house and visited with her. We have been friends since we were 8, but had not seen each other in like 9 years. It was really cool to hang out with her and her family. She has a gorgeous little girl and a dog my kids just adored.

Our last day in town we went to Lagoon. We were blessed with awesome weather the entire day. The kids were great. We had so much fun riding all of the rides. I don't have a lot of great pics because we were to busy riding the rides and standing in line. I am hoping my bro will share some of them with us and I will post them later. I do have to say the highlight of the day was riding Colossus and Wicked with Ryen. She was soooo brave. If you haven't seen Wicked check this video out.


If you knew how big of a wimp I really am you would be totally impressed!!

2 comments:

Alice said...

I envy you, it looks like you had a good time. The kids are getting so big. We have had icky weather here as well.

Mars said...

wow sounds like a busy but fun trip! You guys did lots of fun things despite the yucky weather.