Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Life With an Aligator!!


Ali has has been a busy girl this week. I thought I would share with you some of the highlights.
1. She learned that she can swim with her life jacket on and go anywhere in the pool that she wants. Of course now she has no fear and Ryen and I took turns chasing her around the lake today. She is so proud of herself and tells us at least three times a day that she did it all by herself.

2. She perfected what she thinks is fruit salad. Let me share the ingredients--chocolate chips or m & m's (depending on what is available in my kitchen), string cheese cut into small pieces, 2 fruit chews (the blue Welches package to be exact), granola bites, and don't forget cookie cereal. This is the only thing she ever wants to eat. I know I am working on the mom of the year title.

3. She decided that she does not like to eat sand. She decided to eat a handful or so today and decided that she did not like it one bit!!

4. She finally realized that Randy is not here (she got in bed with me and said "Hey where is my dad?" Then broke my heart daily by sitting by the front door knocking waiting for him to knock back.

5. She figured out that it was really funny to tease her mom by hiding her cup behind her back while watching her mom look for it. Randy's kid maybe?

6. She absolutely, unequivocally fell in love with her Wall-E toothpaste and has brushed her teeth at least three times every day since she got it.

And last but certainly not least
7. Ali decided that her stuffed Barney needed to be potty trained, sat him on the potty, and then screamed when he fell in. Luckily for me she grabbed the Barney (who was dripping wet with toilet water) and brought him clear across the apartment, through every room, to me so I could fix him.

These are just a few of the fun things she has done this week. Mind you it is only Wednesday. I love having that kid around.

As for Ryen she is growing up way too fast and for this week it is making me so sad, so I will have to blog about her later when I am not mushy!!!

3 comments:

Randy said...

ROFL...oh man, I got tears. I miss you guys

Ryen next? I know she is not a psychotic 3-year old, but my princess has got some pretty amazing qualities. Uh. Maze. Sing. So dish.

Tamie said...

so fun! we have those moments as well with the growing up and just what came out of their minds (and mouths) collin is continually telling us , "i know, i'm growing up." i'm pretty sure that i'll not want to hear that soon enough. :)
hang in there momma! you're girlies are gowin' up!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I know how you feel Brandi, wait till kids are teens!! Then you will really feel like they are growing too fast and you are slowly losing them. Remember God only loans us our children, they are and have always been HIS first. So so blessed are we to have and be their parents aren't we. Through the joy and tears, but only for a short time- but wait till teenager years and they turn into some strange alien from the teen planet and you want them to orbit back and return the sweet child you once knew and loved so much, yeah... enough of that...

so hows the house hunting going? Oh and base does have the camera for $239 and I quit yesterday!! The worst job in my entire history of working- yes sir eee!! Am starting my real job teaching next week and start by registering 3000 plus students with book check out ect... Can not wait to get back to my reality with professionals! I did meet a girlfriend from hs and its been 20 years at least while I had that job from hell, so we will be in touch and that was cool. Its my first day off in centuries and then all next week should be super crazy busy, so I have one week of summer off- sigh... When is your bday again? Nov ? Mine is Aug 28 and 3 days after I start working at the school. Life goes on and on and on, just like the duracell bunny it never stops.
Enjoy! Thx for changing Brandi's music by the way- I love it!! ttys,
luv angela