Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Smiths

Ali's playgroup took a tour of Smiths today. It was really fun. They each got a little bag to collect groceries; such as apples, cheese stick, capri sun, and a cookie. The got to walk through all of the departments and see how everything works.

I think their favorite part was watching a cake be decorated. This was the group with the final project.

They also got to go into the back and tour all of the refrigerators and freezers, they saw how hamburger is made, how they wrap meat, and see how everything is stored.

They also got to scan a candy at the register. Ali of course did M&M's. Ali was too fast for me, but you get the drift.

At the end the kids each got a balloon.
Thanks Smiths for being so awesome to the kids!!

2 comments:

Ms. Boedee said...

You are right - Smiths is great to kids. When I taught a bakery unit this last summer they let us come into the bakery and learn all about it. Love them!

And - about the movie- I would love to but that is just too late for me. I would be dying at the conference the next day. But thank you for inviting me...it means a lot to me!!

Tamie said...

what a great field trip! we're big fans of the fire station field trip...we need to do it again since they moved ours to a brand new station with a training facility attached to it.