Friday, January 22, 2010

Dancing and Ice Skates

I am not really sure how it works, but every time I plan something, something else comes up. For Christmas, Santa left us tickets to Disney on Ice for Wednesday night. I was so excited to take the girls until I found out that Rye's school was having their first inaugural ball the same night. Figures, right? Ah so frustrating. So being the good mom that I am ;), convinced Rye to do both. She went to the dance for 45 minutes and then we picked her up and headed to the show. So.... first the dance
She looked so gorgeous and grown up in her dress. I hate the lighting in our living room so the picture of her dress is not great, but you get the idea. I had mixed feeling about getting the dress. I love shopping and buying pretty things, but it is a totally different feeling when it the fancy dress is for your little one. But we found the perfect dress and of course some sparkly silver shoes and decided to put a million and a half ringlets in her hair. And I have to say that it all came together perfectly. She also had a matching silver bag to put her phone and stuff in. Ahhhh

I had to throw this pic in even though she already has her coat on. How super cute is she?

Ryen had a blast at the dance and didn't want to leave, but we picked her up and it was off to the show. The weather here was super rainy and cold so Randy decided to go with us-I am so glad that he did!! The traffic and the rain was out of control and while sitting in traffic I realized that I had an envelope and no tickets- I know, go Brandi!! Well after about an hour and 15 minutes in the car we finally parked and headed up to see about the tickets. Randy is not the only one in the family who has the force and I was able to get them to reprint the tickets-yeah!! Oh and the show started 30 minutes later then we thought so we weren't even late.

The show was great. The kids really seemed to like it and Ali got excited everytime a new character came out. We had great seats, which was a big surprise seeing as we got the tickets for just $10.00 (I love internet deals)! Here are a few pics of the night.

The girls enjoying intermission!

My favorite part was the Lion King!

But the cars were pretty cool too!

Little Mermaid was also there, but the bulk of the show was basically The Tinkerbell movie on ice, but it was just one of those nights so right after the pic of the girls during intermission my battery died and there were no more pics. The Tinkerbell part was really cute and the girls love the movie so they enjoyed seeing it come to life on the ice.
Such a fun night!!

1 comments:

Mars said...

How fun! I can't believe how big Rye is! She went to her first dance?! Sheesh I feel ike tht was just me haha. I love going to cool shows like that! PS I have a coat just like Ryes! Super cute!