Thursday, August 20, 2009

Heritage Park

We spent a week in SLC doing fun things and the only place that we took pictures was at This is the Place Monument and Heritage Park.

We had a great time there doing crafts, riding trains, and seeing all of the cool pioneer things they had. I loved looking around and seeing all of the really old buildings and people dressed in period clothing-way cool.

I love this pic. It also happens to be the only good pic I got of the monument. Too many people standing around looking at it to get a really good one.

We, of course, toured many of the pioneer homes. Some of them very small like this one.

This house was shared by a family of 12. Talk about claustrophobic.

In the back yard we were put to work doing laundry.
I have never been more thankful for my washer and dryer.

Ali got right in there and scrubbed this little dress. She even helped hang it on the line when we were done

Ryen helped with the rugs.

We also decorated leather. We decided we were not all that good at it.
Notice my really red hair. So loving the color. I hope it sticks around for awhile.

We wouldn't be us if there was no shopping involved, so of course we had to visit the ZCMI, America's first Department store. I so miss that store. Ali decided it was more fun to sit under the buggie then shop at the store. Umm..

After shopping and lunch at the Huntsman Hotel Rye decided to rest in the local TP. Doesn't she look comfy?

The girls ended the day with multiple train rides around the lake. I think they rode it like 4 or 5 times. They loved it.

We were there over 4 hours and didn't see half of the things that were there, but we had a great time. Can't wait to go back and see the rest.

1 comments:

Mars said...

how cute. I'm loving your hair!