Friday, March 13, 2009

Allow Me a Moment on My Soap Box!

I have to take a moment and jump up on my soap box and talk about Dancing with the Stars!
I will admit that I have never been a huge fan. I watched the season the Joey Fatone was on and that is it. So I thought I would record the season opener and see what all of the fuss is about. I have to say I don't get what all of the hype is! Now for my soapbox speech...... are you excited.....here it goes...

1. All of you fans of dancing with the stars, let me introduce you to a show with people who can actually dance. It is called So You Think You Can Dance. It is a zillion times better! You actually get to sit for 2 hours and watch people whot can dance. Now, I will agree that the professionals on DWTS can dance. I will, however, point out that 3 (yep 3) of the professionals on DWTS were previous contestants on SYTYCD. Lacey, Dmitry, and Cheslea were all SYTYCD and didn't win. Ohhh imagine the talent. If you really want to see what the the waltz should look like tune into Fox in May.

2 and this is only second because I happen to be a huge fan of SYTYCD and am totally bummed that it doesn't get the hype that DWTS does. What lame brain producer decided on the definition of celebrity for this show. Before, I thought they were really abusing the word celebrity, but this season they have really gone to an all time low. Let's see, we have an ex con, a playmate, a jack @$$, and a man whos only claim to celebrity is a full frontal on a less then great movie. Nice selection.

3. Last, but not least..... is they put these great celebs with cute little celebs like Shawn Johnson. Who loves Shawn Johnson? Little girls, that's who. So they tell their mom's that they want to watch Shawn dance and the moms think to themselves what the heck, it's a family show right? Well, they tune in and they get to hear the words playmate, jack@$$, full frontal nudity. Not so much family topics. I loved, however, that the announcer talked about how they couldn't show the stunts from Steve-O's movie because it was a family show, but had no problem flashing multiple covers of Playboy and pictures of Lil' Kim half naked.

Needless to say I was soooo not impressed.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hey Brandi - I'll answer your soapbox.... DWTS is totally not about the dancing. It's about trying something new, putting themselves out there where they could (and often) FLOP in front of millions of their fans. It's fun to watch them learn different things about themselves. Having said that, I was disappointed with some of the "celebrities". It isn't really a family show this season with all of the trash they have on. I can't wait for most of them to be voted off.

Amy said...

This is your husband's cousin Russell's wife, and I usually just lurk the blogs but I saw your play list and just had to comment! LOVE Flogging Molly. And tis the season for them too. They should be the official band of St. Patrick's Day! :-) We've seen them live twice, once in Vegas, once in SLC, amazing live shows. Anyway! Just had to say, YAY! ;-)

A & W + E = Coleman said...

I agree with you 100%. I don't waste my time on this show, but as you know, SYTYCD is my favorite!!! I wish we could watch it together, or at least in the same time zone!!!