I went to a Women's conference on Saturday and in one of the classes we talked about knowing your love language. I knew immediately what my husbands was, but not so much mine. It got me thinking that I should find out. So I took this test and I found out that I sort of like them all. I scored the highest with words of affirmation (an 8), followed second by service (a 7), and the rest were 5's. All pretty close. I am not sure though that I really like one more then the other. I love, love, love to give gifts, so I thought for sure that was going to be mine. They say that you naturally love the way you want to be loved, but.... on my anniversary I came home to these gorgeous flowers
and this playing on the TV.
I know how awesome is my husband. I, on the other hand, was the empty handed goober because I thought we had already celebrated our anniversary. I know I am totally lame.
The thing is, I am not sure what I liked best- the gifts, the fact that he just spent time with me that day, or that he took the time to get the gifts at all. He SOOOO should have been doing homework, but he took the day and rocked Aerosmith with me and just hung out. It was so fun, but every time I look at the flowers I get a little giddy. So I am left to think I just like being loved, no matter how it's done.
So what's your love language?
5 days ago
2 comments:
I am definitely motivated by gifts! and my husband is physical touch. Too bad he is such a tight wad. I love that book. I need to reread it.
i took that test a while back and physical touch was my number one love language and paul's is quality time. i think it tells a lot about us. and helps me be more attentive to paul's needs.
randy is such a good husband! those tulips are beautiful!
Post a Comment