We're talking movies because I actually can. In the past little while I have seen three movies and have wanted to blog, but haven't had the chance.
The first one is "Bride Wars".
It is a great chick flick. Did I think it was the best ever? Nope, but I would watch it again. The friendship and war between the girls was fun and they seemed to have good chemistry. I was bummed that Kate's dress wasn't bedazzled like it was in the commercial, but I can totally understand why they would not bedazzle a Vera Wang.My favorite surprise in the movie was the small role by Bryan Greenburg. He played Kate Hudson's brother and he was so stinking cute. I didn't really love the other male leads, so he was a great addition to the movie. If I gave thumbs up I would give it a 1.5.
The second one is "New in Town"
This movie was 100% predictable, most of the accents were off, and I loved every moment of it. It is pretty much what a chick flick should be.Rene Zellweger was pretty funny and I loved her wardrobe. She had the best clothes in this movie. She wore a plaid coat that I would move back to the cold just to wear. She was believable as a high powered executive with a kind heart.
Harry Connick Jr, who I TOTALLY love, was great. Even if he was kind of a hairy Minnesotan. My favorite character in the movie was the secretary played by Siobhan Fallon. She was a great midwestern scrapbooker. Almost everything she said made me laugh. If I gave thumbs up I would give it 2!!
The third and final is "Hotel for Dogs"

I took both of my girls to see this move and I was prepared to spend the hour and half being midly entertained (as I am with most of the movies we take the kids too). I was not, however, prepared to spend half the movie in uncontrollable tears. This darling movie about two orphans and their love for dogs was surprisingly really, really cute and the kids really liked it. I however found myself feeling so sorry for these kids and the tears just kept on coming. I am not sure if it was the day or what it was. I will have to see it again to be sure. Anyway, the dogs are really cute, the kids were pretty good actors, and the story was really good. I have to say that it is one I would totally watch again. (maybe at home where no one has to listen to me cry). Since I seem to be giving thumbs up. I have to give this one 1.5.
1 comments:
I LOVED both Bride Wars & New in Town! I'm not really critical about movies so I enjoy everything. Such cute chick flicks! I haven't seen Hotel for Dogs but I actually heard it was good.
Post a Comment