Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's Vegas so it has to be Showgirls.

I have always been fascinated by the awesome Showgirl costumes that you find here in Vegas, so my mom and I decided to go to the museum and see the latest exhibit of Showgirl art and costumes. Off we went to the Nevada Museum all excited to see the great costumes.... except that we got there and it was nothing more then a hallway with half a dozen pictures and 2 costumes. Not exactly what we were hoping for... We walked through the rest of the museum and learned some history of the city and that sort of thing. They also have a casino exhibit where you can see all of the casino stuff up close and hear the stories of bartenders and cocktail waitresses. (you may be thinking the same thing that I was--"why exactly do you need to go to a museum to see a casino up close when there are a zillion casinos right here in Vegas?" I don't have a clue, but it was interesting. Anyway... I took pics of the two costumes so I thought I would share.

This one is from the show "Jubilee"

I can't remember what show this one is from, but it was an old show.

I thought they were really cool. I just wish that there were more of them.

1 comments:

Amber said...

They are almost naked!!!!!!! But very cool. I look forward to seeing your pillows when they are all finished.