Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hitting the Store Ads

A lot of the girls that I know out here are great grocery shoppers. I, however, am not. I have a really hard time sticking to my budget and I never used coupons or anything. So I decided I am going to try to learn to shop a little better. I have been cutting coupons and actually looking at the store ads as they come in the mail. I also found a couple of blogs that show you how to be frugal, like this one.
Anyway, I looked through the Albertson's ad last week and found that they were having an 8 hour sale and that they had a lot of things that were buy one get one free. So I made my list and headed over there. I ended up spending $84.96, but I saved $84.11. I was so excited I couldn't even believe it. I had to call my sister before I even left the store. The best part was it was all stuff that I actually use. Because I am a total geek I took a picture of all of the things that I got....

I bought mostly things that were on the ad and I used a few coupons too. I have a long way to go before I can say that I am making a difference, but it was a great shopping experience.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

I did the same type that you did in your house! You were my inspiration!

Tamie said...

Albertson's always has the BEST sale items....normally their prices are a little bit high, but i always try to go there around the holidays, all their baking stuff is sooooo cheap---plus i ALWAYS get a turkey (not that i need one) there b/c they are like 35 cents a pound....not too bad
and good for you for checking the adds....its amazing what you can find on sale!

Christine said...

Congratulations! I have just started cutting coupons, too. Last week was my first Albertson's sale experience. They had a buy $30 and get $15 in cash-coupon to use on your next order. Instant 50% savings. It's a great "high"! Keep going!

A & W + E = Coleman said...

I am so impressed. Though, once I saved $25 in coupons in one shopping experience. I need to get back into the frugal practice. Boy do I miss Albertsons!!!

aubreyannie said...

that's cool, brandi. i've always been terrible about cutting coupons and shopping the sales. there is a lady in our stake who has a frugal blog and will post sales and deals of the week at grocery stores and they always seem to be at albertson's. too bad the closest albertson's is too far away from us to make financial sense of going there.