Saturday, January 24, 2009

Disturbing!

I decided when I first started blogging that I would only post positive things and I think I have stuck to that. Today I am feeling a little blue and have two things on my brain that are just driving me crazy.

1. and this is the most important. Here in Las Vegas the education is CRAP! and they are considering cutting our teachers wadges by 6%. Why would they do this? Who decided this is a good idea? Is it going to make what few good teachers we have leave? I am so frustrated because I don't know what to do. I don't really believe that one politician can single handedly save this country, but I think that good education can. I don't understand why the people of Las Vegas don't just pay a small state tax to fix this problem. It is such an easy answer to the ever growing problem of education in this city.



2. While watching Jay Leno the other night I learned the disturbing news that they are turning Spider-Man into a musical. A Musical! This is crazzzy! What the heck was Stan Lee thinking? I am a huge fan of musicals and really liked the Spider-Man movies, but I am a firm believer that as soon as a Super hero breaks into song he loses all credibility as a Super hero. Really, do you want to be saved by a masked singing super hero? Don't believe me click here . Even crazier is that Bono is doing the music. This is very disturbing to me. If you agree, make a comment.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Thats just to funny, a singing Super hero! Thanks I needed a laugh. As for the teachers, well all the jobs I ever had I left making more then when I started.

Tamie said...

now you understand why my mom feels the way that she does about public school....i feel it too...sorry that you're having to deal with that though, it sure is crappy!
and spider man; a movie? i'm not thinking that its going to go over very well...i'm surprised that they even got someone(s) to produce it.