Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yellowstone-Holy Bison Batman!!

The Weavers went to Yellowstone for our family reunion this year. It was so amazing and sooooo cold. May I suggest waiting until the end of July to make Yellowstone your vacation destination, way to cold in June.
Our first day it was all about the bison and geysers (we'll get to the geysers later). It was crazy to see all of the bison just walking around and even crazier when you realized that they weren't placed there by some imagineer from Disney. Here are a few shots of the fam and some bison.

Very first sight of Yellowstone park. Gorgeous! Yep, that is a bunch of snow.

This was one of the smaller herd of bison that we saw, but after awhile we stopped getting out of the car to take pics.

The first pic we took in the park. I think each of the girls is wearing 3 jackets. You can't tell, but just about 15 feet away from us is this guy...

Okay, maybe he was a little farther, but as close as I wanted to get!

0 comments: