Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Good bye School...Hello Summer!

Before I move onto all of our many summer adventures, I thought I would say good bye to our school year.
Rye took on middle school like a champ. She finished the year with straight A's and O's in her advanced classes. She was amazing and I enjoyed watching her attack her homework and seeing the effort pay off. In fact she was the recipient of 3 awesome awards this year....

The medal is for outstanding student and she was chosen by her science teacher. (the teachers picked two students out of all of the students that they see every day and Rye was one of two)
The plaque is for Academic Excellence for straight A's for the whole year!
And the last was the Presidential Education Award, signed by our very own President. In order to be eligible for this award you have to maintain a 4.0 and score higher then a 450 on your CRT's. We are so proud of her-Great Job Rye Rye!!
No pics of Rye because I forgot my camera. If I ever get the pics from awards night I promise to post them.

Ali, never one to walk in anyone's foot steps, did Kindergarten her way. She talked more then she listened, but in the end she got it all done. It was so much fun watching her little brain work. She was a little reluctant to do homework (she decided long ago it wasn't all that much fun), but she really did a great job the last half of school. It was so much fun watching her figure out words, and finally passed off her sight words. Yeah! She is really awesome at math and asks us math questions every day. She will be doing homework all summer so that she is all ready for first grade. We are way proud of you Ali for all of your hard work!! Great Job!

0 comments: