Thursday, July 15, 2010

SLC Baby!!

We've lived a few places and have loved them all, but when it comes to home it SLC. We love it there and we were so happy to spend a couple of weeks hanging out with family and friends-It was awesome!! I can't even believe how awesome the weather was-fantastic!! We totally took advantage of every moment that we could. Here are a few highlights-okay, probably more then a few, but what can I say.

One of the first things we did was go see this movie with Grandma Connie. We totally loved it!! We were so busy having fun that we didn't take any pics!

We also adventured over to the Hogle Zoo. It was the only hot day of the whole week and it started to wear on us big time. You can totally see in the picture! We ended up leaving early and didn't get to see as much as I would have liked, but the kids loved riding the train and the merry go round.

One of my favorite things we got to do was go to the Discovery Gateway with the Stephens family. It was a pretty cool children's museum. I liked it so much better then the old one.
Ryen had a lots of fun playing in the real helicopter sitting outside on the patio of the museum.

It was all about the little house for Ali and Carlie. They had so much fun playing house and driving in the little cars.

That night Ali and I went with the Stephen's family to Granite for the annual fireworks. We had so much fun. The music was good, the rides were fun, and the fireworks were totally awesome!!

Probably the high light of the whole time we were there was Avery Bday party.
She turned one. I couldn't believe it! Rye and Avery posing at the party!

The craziest part was that our whole family was there. I don't think we have all been together since Wendy got married 5 years ago.

Later that night the sisters took their guys (our friend Amy was with us too) to the new Planetarium to see a Lazer Show. I have to say that I totally like 1990's lazer shows much better then the ones that they do now. I just wasn't all that impressed, but it was awesome to go out with our guys!

The sisters. I had to add this becsause it is pretty cute!

We ended the trip by taking the girls down town to some of our favorite spots!
Moochies... Delicious!!

We also walked all around the church grounds. The flowers were so totally gorgeous. It was totally breath taking. The girls enjoyed making their own stained glass window pictures in the church museum.

We added a new place to the places we love in SLC-Hatch Family Chocolates

This would be just some of the things we consumed-yummy!! The tall cup would be full of frozen hot chocolate that I have to say was better then the frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity. I know! I can't believe I said that either, but it's true!!


There were so many things that we did that I didn't list. We swam at the Murray Park pool like 3 times, but I am anti pics in swimsuits so there were no pictures. We went to Mel's bday party, Eli's bday party, there was movie night with the girls, Ryen and Randy went and saw Avatar, the Last Air Bender, there were lots of running through the sprinklers and blowing bubbles, we saw our good friends, the Weber's and never took pictures, there was the 4th of July party at the Hampshire house where I didn't take any pics... I could go on and on. My point is that we had a great time and can't wait to go back again.

2 comments:

Nick and Ashlee Weber Family said...

It was so good to see you guys. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures. Hope to see you again soon.

Mars said...

how fun! I saw on FB you went to SLC. You must have been there a good while to do all that! i want to go to moochies and hatch family chocolate. ps I think i wrote on your FB but I wanted to make sure that clip I sent you was what you wanted...if not let me know so I can make it right. Hope you're staying cool! It's been HOT HOT HOT here!