Randy and I took our second "no kids" vacation in two years, seeing as we had never had one prior to last year it was a pretty big deal. As I mentioned in a previous post Randy is going to George Washington University for his Masters Degree in Program Management. Well, he needed to be there for a few days so I tagged along. It was the most relaxing trip ever! Well for me anyway! Randy was in class for most of the time which left me to do whatever I wanted. Amazing!! I forgot what it was like to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Loved it! One of the best parts was I got to hook up with a friend I haven't seen in too many years to count. It was so fun to see Jenn and amazing that it felt like we just picked up where we left off.
So here are some pics and highlights of day one.
We stayed at the Hotel Lombardy for the 4 days that we were there and it was so cozy and quaint. It was the most amazing old building and it sat right on Pennsylvania Ave just 6 blocks from the Obama's.
One thing you may or may not know is the river horse, aka the hippo, is the unofficial mascot of GWU.After leaving Randy on campus I did some walking around and saw some places that might be recognizable.
Sadly, that night we were beyond tired so it was off to bed. We were exhausted. I don't recommend hosting bunco and then packing the night before you leave. I think we got like 2 hours of sleep the night before we left.
More to come!
2 comments:
oooh. the eisenhower building looks amazing. and love the idea of a guy in a fedora and trench exiting it.
love the photo of you guys in front of the white house!
and love that you just went and did all that stuff by yourself. it sounds so luxurious. what would that be like? ha!
i'm kind of in love with that hotel that you guys stayed at. i love the history of the new england area..how old the buildings are and how everything has a story dating back so far!
what a fun trip! I want to go to the East Coast sooo bad!
Post a Comment