Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cove Fort

Randy and I drove down to SLC for Taylor and Courtney's sealing and on the way down decided to take a little detour and visit Fort Cove. I was so glad that we did-it was totally amazing! Here are a few of the highlights of the tour.

The happy couple. I love that after 16 years we still love spending time together!!

One of my most favorite things there were the amazing beds. The very top of the headboard comes off and that is what they used to "hit the hay" to make the lumps and "other things" lay flat. That is where the term "hit the hay" came from.

Although the beds were my favorite thing, the kitchen was my favorite room. It was ridiculous! Such a testimony of how industrious this family was- I couldn't believe the stove and butter churn. Umm... no refrigerator either. Not to mention the fact that these were the smallest tables I ever seen. Did I mention that all of these years later it still smelled like apple pie?

Every piece of furniture was amazing, but this bureau was totally my favorite.

I loved this dress! Everyone back there was nice and short, just like me. Randy seemed really tall there.

This was in the little girls room, it is made entirely of hair. Do you see the woman's silhouette?

This is a pic of the outside. The Fort has a working garden and they were fantastic! The small houses were a black smiths shop and an ice house.
I took a million pics and could keep going forever, but really the best thing is to see it yourself. The pictures don't do it justice. The Fort is a must see for sure!

1 comments:

Tamie said...

I'm so glad that you guys went to cove fort. How neat is that!?!?! i 've never been, but now we know that we should go!