Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas came and went quietly at the Weaver house this year-exactly as we like it!! Retail kind of kills some of the Christmas fun, but we were still able to find time to spend with each other and do all of the things we love. We even had Aunt J-Me here to celebrate with us. I can't tell you the last time we had family with us during the Holidays, so that was really fun for us.
Many years ago we embraced the Franz family tradition of doing all of our celebrating on Christmas Eve. It always starts with dinner. This year it was prepared by the amazing staff at Famous Dave's. I am totally thinking that is going to be a new tradition. My favorite part was not having to cook it and clean up was a snap. Such a good idea, so glad I came up with it.

Then it is over to the tree for family pictures. I am horrible with a camera, but I love torturing the kids by making them pose. Here are a few of my favorites.





Then it is off to the presents. We know that Christmas is not about the gifts, but we had some real favorites this year. Ali loves all of her gifts and jumps and screams with each one, but I think one of her favorites this year was her Laloopsy Goldie Luxe. 

 Goldie Luxe

Ryen's favorite gift this year was her Buffy the Vampire Slayer poster. "Once More, With Feeling" is her very favorite episode and the poster is a copy of the playbill. It is pretty stinkin' cool. 
 
 The Poster
The Reaction!!

Randy's favorite gift (and my favorite gift to give this year) was his Star Wars book ends. Super cool and they look great in his office. He already had a place for them so I thought I better get them.

 No reaction picture, we didn't want to tip him off. He had no idea. It was the best reaction ever!!

I got a couple of great gifts this year. My favorite is my i Home and this great t-shirt, cause yep I am Mormon and pretty dang proud of it!!
We spent the rest of the night hanging out, watching Christmas Story, and playing Disney Infinity. Christmas day was a little bit more of the same. We watched movies and played Apples to Apples, and had yummy dinner.




0 comments: